1. A harbor or anchorage; a port.
2. A place of refuge or rest; a sanctuary.
tr.v. ha·vened, ha·ven·ing, ha·vens
To put into or provide with a haven.
[Middle English, from Old English hæfen; see kap- in Indo-European roots.]
1. A place where one lives; a residence.
2. The physical structure within which one lives, such as a house or apartment.
3. A dwelling place together with the family or social unit that occupies it; a household.
a. An environment offering security and happiness.
b. A valued place regarded as a refuge or place of origin.